Don’t look back, someone might be gaining on you!
Today’s Steam update adds improved dogfight AI and two new fighters, the Allied P-43A-1 “Lancer” (with Chinese ROCAF and USAAF skins) and, perhaps unexpectedly, a Japanese Messerschmitt! (Germany supplied Japan with a number of evaluation Bf 109Es for comparison trials by the Japanese Army Air Force — the Allies, expecting to encounter those Bf 109Es in combat, assigned code name “Mike” to the Messerschmitts).
- Increased cool-down duration of arcade maneuvers to make them less spammy [in multiplayer and elsewhere].
- Improved dogfight AI; AVENGING ACE and SURVIVAL modes now more challenging (not necessarily more difficult).
- Better display support, the game now runs on three monitors with HUD elements in the center screen.
- Began implementing skillshot/reward badge effects in dogfight modes, coming to multiplayer soon (in development, apologies for the rough polish).
- Added a setting to toggle the hold (auto-camera) of OBSERVE TARGET function (that’s the F key on default setting M+K or K).
- Invert X-Axis for the panoramic camera view now possible.
- Fixed numerous crashes in the “EAST OF MARTABAN” campaign mission.
- P-43A-1 “Lancer” and Bf 109 “Mike” fighters with multiple skins implemented.
- Lots of [minor] GUI enhancements.
Enjoy the play,