Sweden, October 10, 2016 — Independent air-combat action game developer Ace Maddox is pleased to announce that its latest FTSOC Steam update has gone live. New features include ROCKET MATCH, a fresh multiplayer mode that lets 2-16 players go head-to-head over the Chinese-Mongolian Gobi desert in a variety of fighter-jets, including the American P-80A “Shooting Star” and the Japanese Ki-201 “Fire Dragon” (Me-262a).
Check out the narrated YouTube video for details or skim through the changelog below for a quick overview.
YouTube Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqX2kbmpR0
Download Screenshots: FTSOC-Rocket-Match-Gobi-EPK.zip
Steam Store URL: store.steampowered.com/app/365810
Official YouTube Channel: AirCombatAction.TV
- ROCKET MATCH multiplayer mode. This new mode lets 2-16 players fly head-to-head in rocket-equipped fighter planes. Aircraft include the P-80A “Shooting Star”, the P-38L Lightning, the Ki-201 “Fire Dragon”, the Mizuno II “Divine Dragon”, the I-16 Polikarpov and the P-51D Mustang.
- Campaign VO. Recorded and implemented complete American & British voice over dialogue for East of Martaban campaign mission.
- New fighter-jets (with cockpits). Added the USAAF P-80A “Shooting Star” with cockpit and four skins. Japanese Ki-201 “Fire Dragon” with cockpit (and four skins) also implemented. Finally, Japan’s unusual/experimental Mizuno Shinryu II “Divine Dragon” made available too, also with four skins.
- Retrofitted Vildebeest cockpit. The RAF bi-plane torpedo fighter Vickers Vildebeest Mk. III finally has a (semi-open) cockpit view.
- Field of View. Added and adjusted FoV (Field of View) for gameplay and cockpit cameras for improved visibility. Use (default) C / V keys to cycle back and forth to set/try the improved WIDE cameras.
- BRIGHTNESS option. Not entirely unlike GAMMA control, the new brightness option lets players adjust screen visibility (via DISPLAY SETTINGS).
- ENEMY CROSSHAIR option. Let’s you adjust the size of the red sub-crosshair to improve enemy target visibility (via HUD settings).
About Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China
Currently in Steam Early Access, Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China (FTSOC)
is a historical air-combat action game based on the true events of America’s secret volunteer squadrons that flew against Japan in the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theatre of World War 2. Secretly recruited under President Roosevelt’s authority, the Flying Tigers were officially known as the “American Volunteer Group”.
About Ace Maddox
Specializing in air-combat action games, Ace Maddox is an independent game developer head-quartered in Sweden. Its distributed development team shares a wild interest in combat aviation and arcade games, and is formed by industry veterans with backgrounds in the games, digital media and music industries. Visit AceMaddox.com
for more info or follow @AirCombatAction