April 8, 2016 — Today’s update adds Chinese and Russian voices to free flight, multiplayer, and dogfight modes, plus new aircraft such as the P-51D “Six-Shooter” Mustang and its natural adversary the Ki-84 “Frank”. Also in is the Russian I-16 Polikarpov (surely obsolete by 1940s standards, but decidedly fun to fly!).
- New voices and radio comms implemented for the Republic of China Air Force (ROCAF) and Soviet (SSSR) skins/pilots. Oh, we’ve added Australian VO too, for the RAAF. Hear them out in mission 5, INVASION OF MALAYA.
- We’ve had the kind assistance from the ROCAF (Taiwanese Air Force) to get us (hopefully) accurate Chinese takes to represent Chinese WW2 pilots that flew with the AVG/USAAF throughout 1942-1945. So thank you, ROCAF pilots advisors and gentlemen, Hsu Han and Lee Sung Yue! (The ROCAF’s primary mission is the defense of the airspace over and around Taiwan, descendants of the Kuomintang — not be confused with the People’s Liberation Army Air Force of the People’s Republic of China).
- New aircraft: American P-51D “Six-Shooter” fighter with multiple skins for USAAF and Republic of China Air Force (ROCAF).
- New aircraft: Russian I-16 Type 10 fighter with SSSR/Nomonhan and ROCAF skins.
- New aircraft: Japanese Ki-84-Ic Hayate “Frank” which in the opinion of many was the top fighter of Imperial Japan, plus ROCAF flew them too (captured) after the end of WW2, hence the Chinese skin.
- Added support for captured aircraft. Check out the “Allied” Ki-84 in FREE FLIGHT.
- Fixed a whole bunch of minor glitches in the campaign mode, mainly mission 1 through 7, edits too numerous to spell out in full.
As always, get the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/365810/